Bomb suits purchase: Probe indicates violation of
Mumbai: An internal probe conducted by the Maharashtra Police into alleged irregularities in purchase of the bomb suits for Rs 6 crore from a private firm has found that the norms were violated in the process, police sources said.
The contract amount for the purchase of 80 suits from Techno Trade Impex India Pvt Limited was made a year earlier even though the delivery of the goods was made in 2010. The state government had rejected the suits for being of "inferior
"We completed the probe and sent the report to Maharashtra police headquarter. The DGP will go through the report and forward it to the state government," a senior ACB officer said.
A senior police official, a government official and the importer of the suits, Bimal Agarwal, have come under the scanner for their alleged act of commission, they said.
"Some wrongdoings have surfaced in the payment making process. A senior police official, a government official and Agarwal have come under scanner," the official added.
"It was very shocking that the entire contract amount was paid before the goods were delivered. Many reasons were cited, including some bank formalities, for the entire advance payment but there were a number of violations of the norms in
the payment making," the official said.
DGP K Subramaniam said he received the ACB report but refused to divulge its contents. "Certain norms were violated when it came to payment for the suits," he confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly