Bomb suits purchase: Probe indicates violation of
Mumbai: An internal probe conducted by the Maharashtra Police into alleged irregularities in purchase of the bomb suits for Rs 6 crore from a private firm has found that the norms were violated in the process, police sources said.
The contract amount for the purchase of 80 suits from Techno Trade Impex India Pvt Limited was made a year earlier even though the delivery of the goods was made in 2010. The state government had rejected the suits for being of "inferior
"We completed the probe and sent the report to Maharashtra police headquarter. The DGP will go through the report and forward it to the state government," a senior ACB officer said.
A senior police official, a government official and the importer of the suits, Bimal Agarwal, have come under the scanner for their alleged act of commission, they said.
"Some wrongdoings have surfaced in the payment making process. A senior police official, a government official and Agarwal have come under scanner," the official added.
"It was very shocking that the entire contract amount was paid before the goods were delivered. Many reasons were cited, including some bank formalities, for the entire advance payment but there were a number of violations of the norms in
the payment making," the official said.
DGP K Subramaniam said he received the ACB report but refused to divulge its contents. "Certain norms were violated when it came to payment for the suits," he confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach