Bomb suits purchase: Probe indicates violation of
Mumbai: An internal probe conducted by the Maharashtra Police into alleged irregularities in purchase of the bomb suits for Rs 6 crore from a private firm has found that the norms were violated in the process, police sources said.
The contract amount for the purchase of 80 suits from Techno Trade Impex India Pvt Limited was made a year earlier even though the delivery of the goods was made in 2010. The state government had rejected the suits for being of "inferior
"We completed the probe and sent the report to Maharashtra police headquarter. The DGP will go through the report and forward it to the state government," a senior ACB officer said.
A senior police official, a government official and the importer of the suits, Bimal Agarwal, have come under the scanner for their alleged act of commission, they said.
"Some wrongdoings have surfaced in the payment making process. A senior police official, a government official and Agarwal have come under scanner," the official added.
"It was very shocking that the entire contract amount was paid before the goods were delivered. Many reasons were cited, including some bank formalities, for the entire advance payment but there were a number of violations of the norms in
the payment making," the official said.
DGP K Subramaniam said he received the ACB report but refused to divulge its contents. "Certain norms were violated when it came to payment for the suits," he confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured