Bomb suits purchase: Probe indicates violation of
Mumbai: An internal probe conducted by the Maharashtra Police into alleged irregularities in purchase of the bomb suits for Rs 6 crore from a private firm has found that the norms were violated in the process, police sources said.
The contract amount for the purchase of 80 suits from Techno Trade Impex India Pvt Limited was made a year earlier even though the delivery of the goods was made in 2010. The state government had rejected the suits for being of "inferior
"We completed the probe and sent the report to Maharashtra police headquarter. The DGP will go through the report and forward it to the state government," a senior ACB officer said.
A senior police official, a government official and the importer of the suits, Bimal Agarwal, have come under the scanner for their alleged act of commission, they said.
"Some wrongdoings have surfaced in the payment making process. A senior police official, a government official and Agarwal have come under scanner," the official added.
"It was very shocking that the entire contract amount was paid before the goods were delivered. Many reasons were cited, including some bank formalities, for the entire advance payment but there were a number of violations of the norms in
the payment making," the official said.
DGP K Subramaniam said he received the ACB report but refused to divulge its contents. "Certain norms were violated when it came to payment for the suits," he confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Congo citizen murder: Strict action needed, says Union Minister VK Singh
- Who stole the cookie? Let the canine siblings solve this mystery! - Watch video
- Galaxy of leaders to attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in; 18 new faces to become ministers
- Jose Mourinho signs Manchester United contract: Reports
- Narendra Modi government is anti-farmer, says Swaraj Abhiyan convener Yogendra Yadav