Bombay HC stays release of film `based on Asaram Bapu`
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court Wednesday continued
the stay on the release of film `Swaha`, which allegedly has a
character based on the life of spiritual leader Asaram Bapu.
City-based `Asaram Mahila Utthan Ashram`, a trust which
looks after the administration of various Ashrams of Asaram
Bapu, filed an appeal in the High Court after a lower court
dismissed its application.
While dismissing the trust`s plea last month, sessions
court had continued the interim stay to the release of the
film so that the trust could file appeal, said Anjani Kumar
Singh, its lawyer.
Vacation judge of the High Court, Justice Rajesh Ketkar,
today continued the interim stay, and adjourned the hearing on
the appeal till June 9.
According to the trust, the leading character in the
film, directed by Pravin Bharadwaj, resembles Asaram Bapu, and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30