Bombay HC stays release of film `based on Asaram Bapu`
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court Wednesday continued
the stay on the release of film `Swaha`, which allegedly has a
character based on the life of spiritual leader Asaram Bapu.
City-based `Asaram Mahila Utthan Ashram`, a trust which
looks after the administration of various Ashrams of Asaram
Bapu, filed an appeal in the High Court after a lower court
dismissed its application.
While dismissing the trust`s plea last month, sessions
court had continued the interim stay to the release of the
film so that the trust could file appeal, said Anjani Kumar
Singh, its lawyer.
Vacation judge of the High Court, Justice Rajesh Ketkar,
today continued the interim stay, and adjourned the hearing on
the appeal till June 9.
According to the trust, the leading character in the
film, directed by Pravin Bharadwaj, resembles Asaram Bapu, and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees