Bombay HC stays release of film `based on Asaram Bapu`
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court Wednesday continued
the stay on the release of film `Swaha`, which allegedly has a
character based on the life of spiritual leader Asaram Bapu.
City-based `Asaram Mahila Utthan Ashram`, a trust which
looks after the administration of various Ashrams of Asaram
Bapu, filed an appeal in the High Court after a lower court
dismissed its application.
While dismissing the trust`s plea last month, sessions
court had continued the interim stay to the release of the
film so that the trust could file appeal, said Anjani Kumar
Singh, its lawyer.
Vacation judge of the High Court, Justice Rajesh Ketkar,
today continued the interim stay, and adjourned the hearing on
the appeal till June 9.
According to the trust, the leading character in the
film, directed by Pravin Bharadwaj, resembles Asaram Bapu, and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism