Bombay HC stays release of film `based on Asaram Bapu`
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court Wednesday continued
the stay on the release of film `Swaha`, which allegedly has a
character based on the life of spiritual leader Asaram Bapu.
City-based `Asaram Mahila Utthan Ashram`, a trust which
looks after the administration of various Ashrams of Asaram
Bapu, filed an appeal in the High Court after a lower court
dismissed its application.
While dismissing the trust`s plea last month, sessions
court had continued the interim stay to the release of the
film so that the trust could file appeal, said Anjani Kumar
Singh, its lawyer.
Vacation judge of the High Court, Justice Rajesh Ketkar,
today continued the interim stay, and adjourned the hearing on
the appeal till June 9.
According to the trust, the leading character in the
film, directed by Pravin Bharadwaj, resembles Asaram Bapu, and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH