Book shows Raj Thackeray belongs to Bihar
New Delhi/Mumbai: After claiming that the Thackeray family belongs to Bihar, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has come out with ‘evidence’ to prove his claim.
Singh has released a book, published by none other than the Maharashtra government, which shows that the Thackeray family, including Raj, is connected to Bihar.
Zee News is in possession of the book in question.
The book was published when the BJP-Shiv Sena combine was in power in the state and Manohar Joshi was the chief minister. The book is titled ‘Prabodhankar Thackeray Samagra Wangmay’.
Prabodhankar Thackeray, who compiled the book, was Bal Thackeray’s father and Raj and Uddhav’s grandfather.
The book traces the origins of the Thackeray family in detail.
According to Digvijay Singh, page number 45 of the book mentions that the Thackeray family first travelled from Magadh in Bihar to Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, then to Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, and then to Madhavgarh in Pune, Maharashtra.
Raj Thackeray had recently threatened to label Biharis as infiltrators, following which Digvijay Singh had revealed that Raj himself belongs to Bihar and that he should not speak against Biharis.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'