Captive place looked like a `terrorist camp`: Maha IFS officer
Mumbai: Maharashtra IFS officer Vilas
Bardekar, who was released after being held captive allegedly
by Bodo militants for 83 days, today said that the place where
he was kept "looked like a terrorist camp".
The abductors were in the age group of 20 to 26 years,
he told reporters after meeting Maharashtra Chief Minister
Ashok Chavan and Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam.
"They (my abductors) used to tell me often that I will
surely return home," Bardekar said.
"From their behaviour, I never thought that they would
do any such thing," Bardekar told reporters when asked if he
feared being killed by the militants.
"I missed my daughter the most during those 83 days in
Asked if there was truth in the reports that a huge
ransom was paid to ensure his release, Bardekar said, "I am
not aware of any such thing."
"Maharashtra Government did a lot to facilitate my
release," the officer said.
Bardekar, a 1984 batch IFS (Indian Forest Service)
officer, was abducted on May 12 from a forest in Arunachal`s
West Kameng district while he was carrying out a study on
butterfly species there.
The officer, Joint-Director of Social Forestry in
Maharastra, was released yesterday at Dhekiajuli in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared