Centre okays purchase of jackets for police
Mumbai: Maharashtra government today
informed the Legislative Assembly that Centre had sanctioned
purchase of 2,000 bullet-proof jackets and 10,000 SLR rifles
for the state police.
"Last night, the Centre sanctioned 2,000 bullet-proof
jackets and 10,000 SLR rifles," state Home Minister R R Patil
told the House after the Question hour.
The government had come under fire post the July 13
blasts in Mumbai for allegedly not implementing the security
measures suggested by Pradhan Committee, which had been set up
after the terror strike in November 26, 2008.
The previous purchase of bullet-proof jackets has been
mired in controversy with allegations of irregularities and
jackets being sub-standard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea