Chargesheet filed against Jundal in Nashik police academy case
Nashik (Maha): Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad Thursday filed a chargesheet before a local court against 26/11 Mumbai attack`s key handler and LeT operative Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal in connection the conspiracy to attack city-based Maharashtra Police Academy.
Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar said the ATS today filed a 58-page chargesheet before Chief Judicial Magistrate A D Sawant.
Jundal was brought to India last year from Saudi Arabia.
There are nine accused in the case, seven of them still absconding. According to ATS, suspected LeT operative Bilal Shaikh, who was trained by Jundal, had hatched the conspiracy to attack the Academy in 2010, before Shaikh was arrested.
Court has allowed ATS to serve chargesheet on Jundal at Mumbai prison, where he has been lodged in connection with Aurangabad arms haul case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says