Chhota Rajan aide arrested in extortion case
Mumbai: A close aide of underworld don
Chhota Rajan who was already behind bars in connection with
different cases was arrested yesterday for trying to extort
Rs 50 lakh from a businessman, police said on Friday.
DK Rao, lodged in Taloja jail in different cases
including the murder of senior journalist J Dey, was arrested
yesterday in an extortion case, said a crime branch official.
"An application was moved in the MCOCA court seeking
the custody of Rao. After the court granted permission, he was
arrested in the fresh case," the official said.
On November 10, Vijay Babar was arrested for giving
death threats to the victim and trying to extort Rs 50 lakh
from him at the behest of Rao, who has been booked under
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) in other
Rao has been remanded in police custody for ten days,
police said adding Babar had given death threats to the victim
if he did not shell out Rs 50 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing