Chhota Rajan aide arrested in extortion case
Mumbai: A close aide of underworld don
Chhota Rajan who was already behind bars in connection with
different cases was arrested yesterday for trying to extort
Rs 50 lakh from a businessman, police said on Friday.
DK Rao, lodged in Taloja jail in different cases
including the murder of senior journalist J Dey, was arrested
yesterday in an extortion case, said a crime branch official.
"An application was moved in the MCOCA court seeking
the custody of Rao. After the court granted permission, he was
arrested in the fresh case," the official said.
On November 10, Vijay Babar was arrested for giving
death threats to the victim and trying to extort Rs 50 lakh
from him at the behest of Rao, who has been booked under
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) in other
Rao has been remanded in police custody for ten days,
police said adding Babar had given death threats to the victim
if he did not shell out Rs 50 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Look who's dining together? Navya SPOTTED with Aryan Khan!
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey