Chhota Rajan aide arrested in extortion case
Mumbai: A close aide of underworld don
Chhota Rajan who was already behind bars in connection with
different cases was arrested yesterday for trying to extort
Rs 50 lakh from a businessman, police said on Friday.
DK Rao, lodged in Taloja jail in different cases
including the murder of senior journalist J Dey, was arrested
yesterday in an extortion case, said a crime branch official.
"An application was moved in the MCOCA court seeking
the custody of Rao. After the court granted permission, he was
arrested in the fresh case," the official said.
On November 10, Vijay Babar was arrested for giving
death threats to the victim and trying to extort Rs 50 lakh
from him at the behest of Rao, who has been booked under
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) in other
Rao has been remanded in police custody for ten days,
police said adding Babar had given death threats to the victim
if he did not shell out Rs 50 lakh.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video