Chhota Rajan aide arrested in extortion case
Mumbai: A close aide of underworld don
Chhota Rajan who was already behind bars in connection with
different cases was arrested yesterday for trying to extort
Rs 50 lakh from a businessman, police said on Friday.
DK Rao, lodged in Taloja jail in different cases
including the murder of senior journalist J Dey, was arrested
yesterday in an extortion case, said a crime branch official.
"An application was moved in the MCOCA court seeking
the custody of Rao. After the court granted permission, he was
arrested in the fresh case," the official said.
On November 10, Vijay Babar was arrested for giving
death threats to the victim and trying to extort Rs 50 lakh
from him at the behest of Rao, who has been booked under
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) in other
Rao has been remanded in police custody for ten days,
police said adding Babar had given death threats to the victim
if he did not shell out Rs 50 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users