CNG pipeline leaks, no injuries
Pune: A major leakage of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) was reported from an underground CNG pipeline in Empire Estate Colony, Chinchwad off Mumbai-Pune highway at 9.30 am on Monday. No casualties were reported. The leakage was repaired in an hour.
CNG pipeline which is laid down by the Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL), covers nearly 50 per cent of the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) area. The leakage was reported as the PCMC sewage pipeline work is being carried out at Empire Estate Colony.
“While carrying out the work, the front portion of the JCB hit the CNG pipeline causing the leakage,” said PCMC disaster management cell chief Omprakash Bahiwal.
The civic staff added that a minor leakage was also reported last week so the MNGL has appointed an employee at the colony for further precaution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive