CNG pipeline leaks, no injuries
Pune: A major leakage of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) was reported from an underground CNG pipeline in Empire Estate Colony, Chinchwad off Mumbai-Pune highway at 9.30 am on Monday. No casualties were reported. The leakage was repaired in an hour.
CNG pipeline which is laid down by the Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL), covers nearly 50 per cent of the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) area. The leakage was reported as the PCMC sewage pipeline work is being carried out at Empire Estate Colony.
“While carrying out the work, the front portion of the JCB hit the CNG pipeline causing the leakage,” said PCMC disaster management cell chief Omprakash Bahiwal.
The civic staff added that a minor leakage was also reported last week so the MNGL has appointed an employee at the colony for further precaution.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on