CNG pipeline leaks, no injuries
Pune: A major leakage of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) was reported from an underground CNG pipeline in Empire Estate Colony, Chinchwad off Mumbai-Pune highway at 9.30 am on Monday. No casualties were reported. The leakage was repaired in an hour.
CNG pipeline which is laid down by the Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL), covers nearly 50 per cent of the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) area. The leakage was reported as the PCMC sewage pipeline work is being carried out at Empire Estate Colony.
“While carrying out the work, the front portion of the JCB hit the CNG pipeline causing the leakage,” said PCMC disaster management cell chief Omprakash Bahiwal.
The civic staff added that a minor leakage was also reported last week so the MNGL has appointed an employee at the colony for further precaution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom