CNG pipeline leaks, no injuries
Pune: A major leakage of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) was reported from an underground CNG pipeline in Empire Estate Colony, Chinchwad off Mumbai-Pune highway at 9.30 am on Monday. No casualties were reported. The leakage was repaired in an hour.
CNG pipeline which is laid down by the Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL), covers nearly 50 per cent of the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) area. The leakage was reported as the PCMC sewage pipeline work is being carried out at Empire Estate Colony.
“While carrying out the work, the front portion of the JCB hit the CNG pipeline causing the leakage,” said PCMC disaster management cell chief Omprakash Bahiwal.
The civic staff added that a minor leakage was also reported last week so the MNGL has appointed an employee at the colony for further precaution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees