CNG pipeline leaks, no injuries
Pune: A major leakage of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) was reported from an underground CNG pipeline in Empire Estate Colony, Chinchwad off Mumbai-Pune highway at 9.30 am on Monday. No casualties were reported. The leakage was repaired in an hour.
CNG pipeline which is laid down by the Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL), covers nearly 50 per cent of the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) area. The leakage was reported as the PCMC sewage pipeline work is being carried out at Empire Estate Colony.
“While carrying out the work, the front portion of the JCB hit the CNG pipeline causing the leakage,” said PCMC disaster management cell chief Omprakash Bahiwal.
The civic staff added that a minor leakage was also reported last week so the MNGL has appointed an employee at the colony for further precaution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack