Communal fever spreading after BJP took over at Centre: Sharad Pawar
Mumbai: In an apparent reference to the murder of a software professional in Pune, allegedly by activists linked to a right wing Hindu outfit, NCP president Sharad Pawar today said that "certain ideologies" were emboldened to spread communal fever after BJP-led NDA took over the reins of power at Centre.
"Fifteen days have passed since BJP has come to power with absolute majority and a communal fever is spreading. Communal violence had rocked some places in the state and a young professional was killed," Pawar said here. He was addressing an NCP meeting to celebrate the party`s 15th anniversary.
"This has not happened before. Certain ideologies which were lying low all these years are now raising their heads and some sections of the society are living in fear," Pawar said.
"Images of noted figures are morphed to create divisiveness in the society. Modern technology is used to spread hatred," the former agriculture minister said.
Mohsin Shaikh (28), a resident of Bankar Colony in suburban Hadapsar in Pune, was bludgeoned to death with hockey sticks allegedly by a group of Hindu Rashtra Sena (HRS) on Monday night. Police have arrested 17 persons with suspected links to HRS in this connection.
Pawar asked the party workers to stand by the deprived sections of the society. He said the recent elections was an eye-opener for NCP.
Referring to certain high-ranking government officials joining the BJP ahead of polls and becoming MPs, Pawar said that "Certain elements of police force subscribe to a specific ideology which is harmful for administration".
"The (former) Army chief, Mumbai Police Commissioner and Union Home Secretary joined BJP on the eve of elections and became MPs. It is our mistake that we trusted these people to work in our administration," he said. Pawar said that the appointments to sensitive posts have to be made carefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical