Cong banks on sympathy wave in Yavatmal by-poll
Nagpur: The ruling Congress would be relying on the sympathy wave in Sunday`s by-election to Yavatmal Assembly constituency in Maharashtra.
Congress has fielded Nandini Parvekar, the widow of the late MLA Nilesh Parvekar, whose death in a car accident necessitated the by-election, while BJP has fielded Madan Yerawar.
Yerawar, a two-time MLA, had lost to Nilesh Parvekar in 2009.
Apart from Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, senior Congress leaders such as MP Sanjay Nirupam, state ministers Narayan Rane, Shivajirao Moghe and state Congress chief Manikrao Thakre campaigned in the city.
From BJP, its state unit chief Devendra Fadanvis and his predecessor Sudhir Mungatniwar were the prominent ones to campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest