Cong banks on sympathy wave in Yavatmal by-poll
Nagpur: The ruling Congress would be relying on the sympathy wave in Sunday`s by-election to Yavatmal Assembly constituency in Maharashtra.
Congress has fielded Nandini Parvekar, the widow of the late MLA Nilesh Parvekar, whose death in a car accident necessitated the by-election, while BJP has fielded Madan Yerawar.
Yerawar, a two-time MLA, had lost to Nilesh Parvekar in 2009.
Apart from Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, senior Congress leaders such as MP Sanjay Nirupam, state ministers Narayan Rane, Shivajirao Moghe and state Congress chief Manikrao Thakre campaigned in the city.
From BJP, its state unit chief Devendra Fadanvis and his predecessor Sudhir Mungatniwar were the prominent ones to campaign.
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag