Cong banks on sympathy wave in Yavatmal by-poll
Nagpur: The ruling Congress would be relying on the sympathy wave in Sunday`s by-election to Yavatmal Assembly constituency in Maharashtra.
Congress has fielded Nandini Parvekar, the widow of the late MLA Nilesh Parvekar, whose death in a car accident necessitated the by-election, while BJP has fielded Madan Yerawar.
Yerawar, a two-time MLA, had lost to Nilesh Parvekar in 2009.
Apart from Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, senior Congress leaders such as MP Sanjay Nirupam, state ministers Narayan Rane, Shivajirao Moghe and state Congress chief Manikrao Thakre campaigned in the city.
From BJP, its state unit chief Devendra Fadanvis and his predecessor Sudhir Mungatniwar were the prominent ones to campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi