Congressmen burn effigy of Ramdev in Navi Mumbai, demand his arrest
Thane: Congressmen from Navi Mumbai on Wednesday burnt an effigy of yoga guru Baba Ramdev and demanded his arrest for his alleged derogatory remarks targeting party Vice-President Rahul Gandhi.
Navi Mumbai Congress chief Dashrath Bhagat led a protest march here, in which a number of local party leaders and activists participated.
Members of NSUI, the party`s student wing, also took part in the agitation, which culminated in the burning of an effigy of Ramdev as a mark of protest against his remarks.
Vice-President Thane District NSUI Rahul Trimbake and General Secretary Manoj Maharana dubbed the yoga guru as an "agent" of BJP and demanded his arrest.
Last week, addressing a programme in Lucknow, Ramdev had said, "Rahul goes to Dalits` houses for honeymoon and picnic." After massive outrage, he had expressed regret.
A number of FIRs have been filed against the yoga guru, a known supporter of BJP`s Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi, under SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act in several cities for his alleged anti-Dalit remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie