Coordination committee for Haryana Congress
New Delhi: In a bid to check factionalism in
the Haryana unit of Congress, party President Sonia Gandhi
on Saturday constituted a coordination committee for the state to
ensure smooth functioning of the government.
AICC General Secretary in-charge of the state, Prithviraj
Chavan will be the Chairman of the seven-member committee
while a known detractor of chief minister Bhupinder Singh
Hooda, Birendra Singh, is the co-chairman.
The other members of the committee are Hooda, PCC
President Phool Chand Mullana, Union Minister Kumari Selja,
Ram Prakash and Ajay Singh Yadav.
There was a strong campaign by some Haryana leaders to
remove Hooda after the party under his leadership managed to
win only 40 of the 90 seats in the recently-held assembly
elections. Hooda had to take the support of seven independent
MLAs and one from the BSP to form the government in the state.
The 13-day-old Hooda government in Haryana was today
expanded with induction of six Cabinet-rank ministers and two
Ministers of State.
Hooda`s detractor and minister in the previous government
Kiran Chaudhary was not inducted in the Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!