Coordination committee for Haryana Congress
New Delhi: In a bid to check factionalism in
the Haryana unit of Congress, party President Sonia Gandhi
on Saturday constituted a coordination committee for the state to
ensure smooth functioning of the government.
AICC General Secretary in-charge of the state, Prithviraj
Chavan will be the Chairman of the seven-member committee
while a known detractor of chief minister Bhupinder Singh
Hooda, Birendra Singh, is the co-chairman.
The other members of the committee are Hooda, PCC
President Phool Chand Mullana, Union Minister Kumari Selja,
Ram Prakash and Ajay Singh Yadav.
There was a strong campaign by some Haryana leaders to
remove Hooda after the party under his leadership managed to
win only 40 of the 90 seats in the recently-held assembly
elections. Hooda had to take the support of seven independent
MLAs and one from the BSP to form the government in the state.
The 13-day-old Hooda government in Haryana was today
expanded with induction of six Cabinet-rank ministers and two
Ministers of State.
Hooda`s detractor and minister in the previous government
Kiran Chaudhary was not inducted in the Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award