Coordination committee for Haryana Congress
New Delhi: In a bid to check factionalism in
the Haryana unit of Congress, party President Sonia Gandhi
on Saturday constituted a coordination committee for the state to
ensure smooth functioning of the government.
AICC General Secretary in-charge of the state, Prithviraj
Chavan will be the Chairman of the seven-member committee
while a known detractor of chief minister Bhupinder Singh
Hooda, Birendra Singh, is the co-chairman.
The other members of the committee are Hooda, PCC
President Phool Chand Mullana, Union Minister Kumari Selja,
Ram Prakash and Ajay Singh Yadav.
There was a strong campaign by some Haryana leaders to
remove Hooda after the party under his leadership managed to
win only 40 of the 90 seats in the recently-held assembly
elections. Hooda had to take the support of seven independent
MLAs and one from the BSP to form the government in the state.
The 13-day-old Hooda government in Haryana was today
expanded with induction of six Cabinet-rank ministers and two
Ministers of State.
Hooda`s detractor and minister in the previous government
Kiran Chaudhary was not inducted in the Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read