Couple consumes pesticide frustrated by police `inaction`
Theni: A couple caused a flutter at the grievance day at the collectorate today when they fainted after consuming liquid pesticide, frustrated over police `inaction` on their petition.
The couple, admitted to the government medical college hospital are reportedly in a serious condition.
The couple said they were frustrated as police had not acted on their repeated complaints to retrieve their jewellery from a financier despite repaying the full loan amount. They then took up the matter with revenue officials, but nothing came of it.
The couple then consumed a pesticide at the collectorate and collapsed before their turn to meet the collector. The collector had seized their letter and further investigation is on, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000