Couple consumes pesticide frustrated by police `inaction`
Theni: A couple caused a flutter at the grievance day at the collectorate today when they fainted after consuming liquid pesticide, frustrated over police `inaction` on their petition.
The couple, admitted to the government medical college hospital are reportedly in a serious condition.
The couple said they were frustrated as police had not acted on their repeated complaints to retrieve their jewellery from a financier despite repaying the full loan amount. They then took up the matter with revenue officials, but nothing came of it.
The couple then consumed a pesticide at the collectorate and collapsed before their turn to meet the collector. The collector had seized their letter and further investigation is on, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?