Couple consumes pesticide frustrated by police `inaction`
Theni: A couple caused a flutter at the grievance day at the collectorate today when they fainted after consuming liquid pesticide, frustrated over police `inaction` on their petition.
The couple, admitted to the government medical college hospital are reportedly in a serious condition.
The couple said they were frustrated as police had not acted on their repeated complaints to retrieve their jewellery from a financier despite repaying the full loan amount. They then took up the matter with revenue officials, but nothing came of it.
The couple then consumed a pesticide at the collectorate and collapsed before their turn to meet the collector. The collector had seized their letter and further investigation is on, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'