Couple consumes pesticide frustrated by police `inaction`
Theni: A couple caused a flutter at the grievance day at the collectorate today when they fainted after consuming liquid pesticide, frustrated over police `inaction` on their petition.
The couple, admitted to the government medical college hospital are reportedly in a serious condition.
The couple said they were frustrated as police had not acted on their repeated complaints to retrieve their jewellery from a financier despite repaying the full loan amount. They then took up the matter with revenue officials, but nothing came of it.
The couple then consumed a pesticide at the collectorate and collapsed before their turn to meet the collector. The collector had seized their letter and further investigation is on, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray