Driver kills wife and injures son in Panvel
Mumbai: A 35-year-old man killed his wife and caused injuries to his son on Thursday morning at Bunder Road in Panvel. The man used a kitchen knife to slit his wife’s throat. His ten-year old son has been admitted to Gandhi Hospital in Panvel and his condition is reportedly stable.
According to the police, the accused, Haresh Babulal Gajraj committed the crime around 8.30am. “Gajraj first attacked to his wife and slit her throat and then hurt his son Rishav who came to rescue his mother,” said Datta Patil, senior PI from Panvel police station. Patil said Rishav has also received injuries on his throat but is out of danger.
The accused fled after committing the crime. “He thought both his wife and son have died,” said Patil.
The police said the couple have been married for almost 16 years.
However, four months ago, Dharmistha separated from his husband along with her son.
“She did tailoring to fend for her family,” said Patil. He added that Gajraj wanted to come back to her wife’s house but Dharmistha refused.
The police said that Gajraj drives a three-wheeler and is an alcoholic. “His wife separated from him because of his bad conduct after consuming alcohol everyday,” said Patil. Since then Gajraj visited her new rented house and asked to accommodate him of which Dharmistha never approved. The repeated rejection drove him to take her wife’s life. He started suspecting his wife’s character and decided to kill her.
The Panvel police have booked Gajraj under relevant sections of the IPC “We hope to arrest him soon,” said Patil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'