Drunk constable`s rifle goes off in police station premises
Mumbai: A drunk railway police constable
on Sunday accidentally fired a round while surrendering his rifle
in the premises of the Mumbai Central railway police station,
According to police, Nilesh Patil (40) carrying the rifle
was on his way to surrender it inside the Mumbai Central
Railway Police station when he accidentally pulled the trigger
at around 1 am today.
"The bullet hit the ground. Patil was in an inebriated
state. As his duty was over, he was on his way to put his
rifle inside the railway police station which falls in the
jurisdiction of city`s Nagpada police station," said Tukaram
Chavan, Government Railway Police Commissioner.
Patil was taken into custody and would be handed over to
Nagapada police which would register a case and take
appropriate action against the constable after preliminary
probe, police said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam