Drunk constable`s rifle goes off in police station premises
Mumbai: A drunk railway police constable
on Sunday accidentally fired a round while surrendering his rifle
in the premises of the Mumbai Central railway police station,
According to police, Nilesh Patil (40) carrying the rifle
was on his way to surrender it inside the Mumbai Central
Railway Police station when he accidentally pulled the trigger
at around 1 am today.
"The bullet hit the ground. Patil was in an inebriated
state. As his duty was over, he was on his way to put his
rifle inside the railway police station which falls in the
jurisdiction of city`s Nagpada police station," said Tukaram
Chavan, Government Railway Police Commissioner.
Patil was taken into custody and would be handed over to
Nagapada police which would register a case and take
appropriate action against the constable after preliminary
probe, police said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users