Esther Anuhya murder case: Mumbai Police question her parents
Machilipatnam: A Mumbai Police team on Monday quizzed some locals and parents of young woman software professional Esther Anuhya in connection with her suspected murder.
The team, comprising three personnel of Kanjurmarg police station and headed by inspector Ashok Phaple, showed photographs of the suspects in the case to some people as part of the investigation.
The team also questioned the parents of the 23-year-old victim and later interacted with personnel from the DSP office.
"Two teams are investigating the case. While a special investigation team has gone to Hyderabad. Our team visited the city for carrying out investigation," Phaple told PTI.
The victim, who worked with TCS in suburban Goregaon in Mumbai, was a native of Machilipatnam.
Police are still clueless about the mysterious disappearance of Esther from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus in Mumbai on January 5.
Her decomposed body was found off the Eastern Express Highway on January 16 and investigation is on to ascertain whether she was sexually assaulted before death.
Police had recently detained a suspect, said to be a "friend" of Esther, in Hyderabad. They are also looking for a man who was seen in a CCTV grab on a LTT platform in early hours of January 5, accompanying Esther.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand