Fake godman held for sexually assaulting mother & daughter
Nashik: A self-proclaimed godman was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman and her daughter after luring them of doubling their money with his "miraculous" power, police said on Tuesday.
Baba Ashpak Khan (32) was arrested yesterday by Malegaon`s Ayesha Nagar police after a 43-year-old woman, from Amalner in Maharashtra`s Jalgaon district, lodged a complaint alleging that she and her daughter were sexually assaulted by Khan on the pretext of doubling their money.
In her complaint, the woman alleged that last week the accused sexually assaulted her and her daughter in a closed room on pretext of doubling an amount of Rs three lakh, which he took from her.
She also alleged that the next day the sadhu was found absconding when she went to his home to get the money back.
On the basis of her complaint, police yesterday managed arresting Khan.
The self-styled godman was booked under relevant sections, police said, adding, that he was produced in a local court which remanded him in police custody till October 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!