Fake godman held for sexually assaulting mother & daughter
Nashik: A self-proclaimed godman was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman and her daughter after luring them of doubling their money with his "miraculous" power, police said on Tuesday.
Baba Ashpak Khan (32) was arrested yesterday by Malegaon`s Ayesha Nagar police after a 43-year-old woman, from Amalner in Maharashtra`s Jalgaon district, lodged a complaint alleging that she and her daughter were sexually assaulted by Khan on the pretext of doubling their money.
In her complaint, the woman alleged that last week the accused sexually assaulted her and her daughter in a closed room on pretext of doubling an amount of Rs three lakh, which he took from her.
She also alleged that the next day the sadhu was found absconding when she went to his home to get the money back.
On the basis of her complaint, police yesterday managed arresting Khan.
The self-styled godman was booked under relevant sections, police said, adding, that he was produced in a local court which remanded him in police custody till October 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report