Father, four sons among nine booked for gangrape, blackmailing
Nagpur: Nine persons have been booked for
alleged gangrape of a 37-year-old woman doctor here, police
said on Wednesday.
According to the woman, she was repeatedly raped between
June 2008 and September 2009.
The incident came to light after the victim, tired of
blackmailing and constant demand for money by the accused,
registered a complaint with Gittikhan Police Station
As per the complaint, the victim was living separately
from her husband with her kids and came in contact with one
Abdul Mannan, who claimed to be a spritual person and assured
her of providing relief from her mental agonies.
One day Mannan offered her an intoxicated drink and
later raped her in a city hotel. His four sons also joined him
along with three other persons, police said.
The wife of one of his sons was involved in facilitating
the crime, they said. They took photographs and extorted money
from her and the blackmailing continued for some time.
In the process, she claims to have already paid Rs 6.5
lakhs over a period of time, police said.
No arrests have been made so far and cases have been
registered under relevant sections including that of cheating,
blackmail and rape, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan