Father, four sons among nine booked for gangrape, blackmailing
Nagpur: Nine persons have been booked for
alleged gangrape of a 37-year-old woman doctor here, police
said on Wednesday.
According to the woman, she was repeatedly raped between
June 2008 and September 2009.
The incident came to light after the victim, tired of
blackmailing and constant demand for money by the accused,
registered a complaint with Gittikhan Police Station
As per the complaint, the victim was living separately
from her husband with her kids and came in contact with one
Abdul Mannan, who claimed to be a spritual person and assured
her of providing relief from her mental agonies.
One day Mannan offered her an intoxicated drink and
later raped her in a city hotel. His four sons also joined him
along with three other persons, police said.
The wife of one of his sons was involved in facilitating
the crime, they said. They took photographs and extorted money
from her and the blackmailing continued for some time.
In the process, she claims to have already paid Rs 6.5
lakhs over a period of time, police said.
No arrests have been made so far and cases have been
registered under relevant sections including that of cheating,
blackmail and rape, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed