Feeling humiliated by a prank, girl kills self in Maharastra
Latur: A prank allegedly prompted a 16 years old girl to end her life at Pandepokhri village in Partur tehsil of Jalna district on Monday, police said.
The primary health centre, Partur, received a call that the girl was suffering labor pains and needed medical aid.
When a medical team reached her house, her father was baffled; he told them that his daughter was unmarried and there was no question of she being pregnant.
The girl, according to police, felt so humiliated by this prank that she consumed poison. She died at the primary health centre during the treatment.
Upon her father`s complaint, the call was traced to the phone of Datta Kundlik Jagtap, resident of the same village.
Jagtap had been arrested and further probe was on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- HC dismisses PIL against sale of 'Antilia' land to Mukesh Ambani
- Court issues arrest warrant against Vijayakanth, wife
- No plan for women in army combat role, Manohar Parrikar tells Rajya Sabha
- Dues over Rs 800 cr pending against Hotels in NDMC areas
- Emirates plane with more than 300 on board makes emergency landing in Mumbai