Feeling humiliated by a prank, girl kills self in Maharastra
Latur: A prank allegedly prompted a 16 years old girl to end her life at Pandepokhri village in Partur tehsil of Jalna district on Monday, police said.
The primary health centre, Partur, received a call that the girl was suffering labor pains and needed medical aid.
When a medical team reached her house, her father was baffled; he told them that his daughter was unmarried and there was no question of she being pregnant.
The girl, according to police, felt so humiliated by this prank that she consumed poison. She died at the primary health centre during the treatment.
Upon her father`s complaint, the call was traced to the phone of Datta Kundlik Jagtap, resident of the same village.
Jagtap had been arrested and further probe was on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured