Feeling humiliated by a prank, girl kills self in Maharastra
Latur: A prank allegedly prompted a 16 years old girl to end her life at Pandepokhri village in Partur tehsil of Jalna district on Monday, police said.
The primary health centre, Partur, received a call that the girl was suffering labor pains and needed medical aid.
When a medical team reached her house, her father was baffled; he told them that his daughter was unmarried and there was no question of she being pregnant.
The girl, according to police, felt so humiliated by this prank that she consumed poison. She died at the primary health centre during the treatment.
Upon her father`s complaint, the call was traced to the phone of Datta Kundlik Jagtap, resident of the same village.
Jagtap had been arrested and further probe was on, police said.
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad are a balanced side now, says David Warner on team's combination
- Vijender Singh hoping to carry momentum into fight in India
- Credit my weight loss to 'Bollywood pressure': Parineeti Chopra
- Kerala Assembly Elections: BJP president Amit Shah cancels poll visit
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials