Feeling humiliated by a prank, girl kills self in Maharastra
Latur: A prank allegedly prompted a 16 years old girl to end her life at Pandepokhri village in Partur tehsil of Jalna district on Monday, police said.
The primary health centre, Partur, received a call that the girl was suffering labor pains and needed medical aid.
When a medical team reached her house, her father was baffled; he told them that his daughter was unmarried and there was no question of she being pregnant.
The girl, according to police, felt so humiliated by this prank that she consumed poison. She died at the primary health centre during the treatment.
Upon her father`s complaint, the call was traced to the phone of Datta Kundlik Jagtap, resident of the same village.
Jagtap had been arrested and further probe was on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened