Feeling humiliated by a prank, girl kills self in Maharastra
Latur: A prank allegedly prompted a 16 years old girl to end her life at Pandepokhri village in Partur tehsil of Jalna district on Monday, police said.
The primary health centre, Partur, received a call that the girl was suffering labor pains and needed medical aid.
When a medical team reached her house, her father was baffled; he told them that his daughter was unmarried and there was no question of she being pregnant.
The girl, according to police, felt so humiliated by this prank that she consumed poison. She died at the primary health centre during the treatment.
Upon her father`s complaint, the call was traced to the phone of Datta Kundlik Jagtap, resident of the same village.
Jagtap had been arrested and further probe was on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details