FIR against Ramdas Kadam for inflammatory speech
Mumbai: An FIR has been registered against Shiv Sena leader Ramdas Kadam for allegedly giving an inflammatory speech during a political rally here two days back, police said on Wednesday.
"An FIR was registered last evening against Sena leader Ramdas Kadam under Section 153 (A) and (B) of the IPC and Sections 123 (3),(4) and Section 125 of the Representation of People Act for giving a provocative speech," a police officer said.
Section 153 (A) of IPC deals with promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, etc., and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony. Section 153 (B) pertains to imputations, assertions prejudicial to national integration.
Kadam had allegedly passed "anti-Muslim" remarks at the NDA rally held at the Bandra Kurla Complex here on April 21 just before BJP`s PM nominee Narendra Modi`s address.
An assistant returning officer of the Election Commission had turned up at the BKC police station yesterday to bring the alleged provocative speech to the notice of police officials.
Kadam had allegedly targeted the minority community over the 1993 Mumbai riots and had said that while the Pakistanis behead Indian soldiers, the Indian Prime Minister did nothing about it. He said if Narendra Modi becomes the PM he would destroy Pakistan in six months.
Referring to the 2012 Azad Maidan riots, Kadam said that Muslims had allegedly clashed with the police, torched their vehicles, vandalised the statues of the martyrs and molested female constables. He added that Modi would ensure that such acts do not go unpunished.
Shiv Sena had distanced itself from Kadam`s remarks yesterday stating that they were his "personal views and did not reflect the party position."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore