Foolproof security for winter session of Maha Legislature
Nagpur: Police are gearing up to provide foolproof security during the Winter Session of Maharashtra Legislature commencing here from December 1.
This will be the first session of the Assembly after Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan took charge early this month.
"There will be a three-tier security cordon around the House. Personnel from the city police, State Reserve Police Force (SRPF) and commandos from Force One will be deployed to ensure smooth session," Nagpur Commissioner of Police Ankush Dhanvijay said.
Though there are no specific inputs from the Central intelligence agencies about possible terror threat, police are not taking any chances, he told a press conference yesterday.
All important places like the Assembly building, official residences of the Chief Minister and Deputy CM, Ministers` cottages and Raj Bhavan will be provided with adequate security, he said.
About 9,000 policemen and 1,250 officers would be deployed for security during the session, Dhanvijay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?