Foolproof security for winter session of Maha Legislature
Nagpur: Police are gearing up to provide foolproof security during the Winter Session of Maharashtra Legislature commencing here from December 1.
This will be the first session of the Assembly after Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan took charge early this month.
"There will be a three-tier security cordon around the House. Personnel from the city police, State Reserve Police Force (SRPF) and commandos from Force One will be deployed to ensure smooth session," Nagpur Commissioner of Police Ankush Dhanvijay said.
Though there are no specific inputs from the Central intelligence agencies about possible terror threat, police are not taking any chances, he told a press conference yesterday.
All important places like the Assembly building, official residences of the Chief Minister and Deputy CM, Ministers` cottages and Raj Bhavan will be provided with adequate security, he said.
About 9,000 policemen and 1,250 officers would be deployed for security during the session, Dhanvijay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video