Foolproof security for winter session of Maha Legislature
Nagpur: Police are gearing up to provide foolproof security during the Winter Session of Maharashtra Legislature commencing here from December 1.
This will be the first session of the Assembly after Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan took charge early this month.
"There will be a three-tier security cordon around the House. Personnel from the city police, State Reserve Police Force (SRPF) and commandos from Force One will be deployed to ensure smooth session," Nagpur Commissioner of Police Ankush Dhanvijay said.
Though there are no specific inputs from the Central intelligence agencies about possible terror threat, police are not taking any chances, he told a press conference yesterday.
All important places like the Assembly building, official residences of the Chief Minister and Deputy CM, Ministers` cottages and Raj Bhavan will be provided with adequate security, he said.
About 9,000 policemen and 1,250 officers would be deployed for security during the session, Dhanvijay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what