Gangster shot dead by Mumbai Police
gunned down by Crime Branch in South Mumbai, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a Crime Branch team laid a trap for Ashok Parihar (48), a member of the Pandav Putra gang, near Opera House where he arrived with an associate in the wee hours today, they said.
The two were asked to surrender, but they opened fire at the team. Police returned the fire, seriously injuring Parihar, they said.
Parihar was rushed to the government-run JJ Hospital, where he was declared dead, police said, adding his associate manged to escaped from the spot.
The gangster was wanted to several cases, including murder, extortion and robbery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred