Gangster shot dead by Mumbai Police
gunned down by Crime Branch in South Mumbai, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a Crime Branch team laid a trap for Ashok Parihar (48), a member of the Pandav Putra gang, near Opera House where he arrived with an associate in the wee hours today, they said.
The two were asked to surrender, but they opened fire at the team. Police returned the fire, seriously injuring Parihar, they said.
Parihar was rushed to the government-run JJ Hospital, where he was declared dead, police said, adding his associate manged to escaped from the spot.
The gangster was wanted to several cases, including murder, extortion and robbery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials