Goa govt to make available all info in Braille
Panaji: Goa has earned the distinction of
becoming the first state in the country to get the government
notifications published in the Braille script.
State Printing and Stationery Minister Aleixo Sequira
today inaugurated the Braille embosser which can print the
official gazette in the Braille script, on demand.
Government gazette is brought out every Thursday that
informs people about the latest acts enacted by the state and
central governments and other related information.
The minister said that the facility would be extended
free of cost for the visually impaired citizens while it would
be made available to commercial establishments and educational
institutions at a nominal cost.
The Printing and Stationary Department of the government
procured the necessary machine and software to bring out the
gazette in Braille script.
The Minister said that it would take only a few minutes
for the notifications to be converted into Braille through a
software developed by a private company Modular Pvt Ltd.
Thanking the state for the initiative, Goa Unit
President of National Association For Blinds Rozendo Mendosa
said it is for the first time in the country that any
government department would offer information in the Braille
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof