Govt hospital doctors booked for negligence in Nagpur
Nagpur: Police have booked three doctors of
state government run Daga Hospital here for their alleged
negligence causing injuries threatening danger to life during
a caesarean operation of a 24-year-old.
Police said the trio, Dr Manish Baheti, Dr Nidhi Kharabe
and Dr Jailaxmi Behra, performed cesearian operation on one
Sheikh Parveen Sheikh Ashfaque on April 6 at Daga Hospital.
The doctors left surgical cotton in her stomach. Later,
Parveen developed complications and started experiencing pain.
She took medicines till May 14 and consulted doctors at Daga
Hospital on June 1 but the doctors did not pay attention.
She was referred to Government Medical College Hospital
where sonography showed foreign object inside her stomach. An
operation was performed at Medical College on June 7 and
surgical cotton was successfully removed.
A formal complaint was lodged against the doctors with
Tehsil Police Station under whose jurisdiction the Hospital
Police yesterday registered offences under IPC Sections
338, 34 (causing injuries and threatening danger to life)
against the three doctors. No arrests have been made so far,
When contacted Superintendent of Daga Hospital, Dr V P
Khedikar said our internal probe is under way and statements
of doctors concerned and paramedical staff have been recorded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'