Govt hospital doctors booked for negligence in Nagpur
Nagpur: Police have booked three doctors of
state government run Daga Hospital here for their alleged
negligence causing injuries threatening danger to life during
a caesarean operation of a 24-year-old.
Police said the trio, Dr Manish Baheti, Dr Nidhi Kharabe
and Dr Jailaxmi Behra, performed cesearian operation on one
Sheikh Parveen Sheikh Ashfaque on April 6 at Daga Hospital.
The doctors left surgical cotton in her stomach. Later,
Parveen developed complications and started experiencing pain.
She took medicines till May 14 and consulted doctors at Daga
Hospital on June 1 but the doctors did not pay attention.
She was referred to Government Medical College Hospital
where sonography showed foreign object inside her stomach. An
operation was performed at Medical College on June 7 and
surgical cotton was successfully removed.
A formal complaint was lodged against the doctors with
Tehsil Police Station under whose jurisdiction the Hospital
Police yesterday registered offences under IPC Sections
338, 34 (causing injuries and threatening danger to life)
against the three doctors. No arrests have been made so far,
When contacted Superintendent of Daga Hospital, Dr V P
Khedikar said our internal probe is under way and statements
of doctors concerned and paramedical staff have been recorded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof