Govt hospital doctors booked for negligence in Nagpur
Nagpur: Police have booked three doctors of
state government run Daga Hospital here for their alleged
negligence causing injuries threatening danger to life during
a caesarean operation of a 24-year-old.
Police said the trio, Dr Manish Baheti, Dr Nidhi Kharabe
and Dr Jailaxmi Behra, performed cesearian operation on one
Sheikh Parveen Sheikh Ashfaque on April 6 at Daga Hospital.
The doctors left surgical cotton in her stomach. Later,
Parveen developed complications and started experiencing pain.
She took medicines till May 14 and consulted doctors at Daga
Hospital on June 1 but the doctors did not pay attention.
She was referred to Government Medical College Hospital
where sonography showed foreign object inside her stomach. An
operation was performed at Medical College on June 7 and
surgical cotton was successfully removed.
A formal complaint was lodged against the doctors with
Tehsil Police Station under whose jurisdiction the Hospital
Police yesterday registered offences under IPC Sections
338, 34 (causing injuries and threatening danger to life)
against the three doctors. No arrests have been made so far,
When contacted Superintendent of Daga Hospital, Dr V P
Khedikar said our internal probe is under way and statements
of doctors concerned and paramedical staff have been recorded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister