Hasan Ali`s wife granted bail
Mumbai: A special court on Thursday granted bail
to the wife of Pune businessman and alleged tax evader Hasan
Enforcement Directorate (ED) had initiated proceedings
against Rheema Khan under the Prevention of Money Laundering
Act (PMLA) and relevant section of the IPC for not responding
to summons and appearing before the agency for questioning.
She was granted bail by the special PMLA court here. Her
application seeking quashing of the ED proceedings against her
was rejected by the court on September 8 after which she filed
Rheema, on August 17, had approached the court asking for
direction to quash the proceedings which were initiated after
she did not respond to the summons.
"She had earlier filed bail application after which the
court granted her interim bail. Now she has been given regular
bail," said an ED officer.
ED has alleged that Hasan, currently in jail, and his
Kolkata-based businessman associate Kashinath Tapuriah had
stashed away billions of dollars in foreign banks.
Tapuriah had helped Hasan, who was into scrap trading
business, to get lucrative contracts for supply of scrap to
some top steel companies, the agency said.
Hasan, who owns race horses, is also facing close to Rs
70,000-crore tax demand notice from the Income Tax Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH