HC rejects bail plea of Marathi daily editor in murder case
Nagpur: A High Court bench here on Tuesday rejected the bail application of the editor of Marathi daily `Deshonnati`, Prakash Pohre, who was arrested in connection with the murder of a security guard at his printing unit in October.
The bench of Justice Prasanna Vairale rejected his bail application.
Pohre was arrested by a police team from Nagpur at Akola on October 23, after evading arrest for almost 10 days.
He is lodged in Central Prison here.
Pohre`s bail plea was earlier rejected by a lower court.
Rajendra Dupare (50), a security supervisor at the printing press, was shot dead on October 13 when Pohre along with a security guard, Ganesh D Fungud, had gone to the press at Gondkhairi near here, where some employees of the paper were holding an agitation.
The security guard, accompanying Pohre, allegedly fired at Dupare from his rifle after they had a scuffle. Dupare was taken to Government Medical College Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
However, the newspaper, in its October 14 edition, published Pohre`s statement, who said he was attacked when he arrived at the press, and the security guard Fungud fired in defence.
Pohre, Fungud and two others had been booked under sections 302 (murder) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook