HC rejects bail plea of Marathi daily editor in murder case
Nagpur: A High Court bench here on Tuesday rejected the bail application of the editor of Marathi daily `Deshonnati`, Prakash Pohre, who was arrested in connection with the murder of a security guard at his printing unit in October.
The bench of Justice Prasanna Vairale rejected his bail application.
Pohre was arrested by a police team from Nagpur at Akola on October 23, after evading arrest for almost 10 days.
He is lodged in Central Prison here.
Pohre`s bail plea was earlier rejected by a lower court.
Rajendra Dupare (50), a security supervisor at the printing press, was shot dead on October 13 when Pohre along with a security guard, Ganesh D Fungud, had gone to the press at Gondkhairi near here, where some employees of the paper were holding an agitation.
The security guard, accompanying Pohre, allegedly fired at Dupare from his rifle after they had a scuffle. Dupare was taken to Government Medical College Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
However, the newspaper, in its October 14 edition, published Pohre`s statement, who said he was attacked when he arrived at the press, and the security guard Fungud fired in defence.
Pohre, Fungud and two others had been booked under sections 302 (murder) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM