HC rules in favour of Nusli Wadia in prop dispute with Rahejas
Mumbai: In the dispute between business
barons Nusli Wadia and real estate major Rahejas over a prime
property, the Bombay High Court on Wednesday upheld Wadia`s role as
the caretaker of 600 acres in suburban Malad valued at Rs
The prime property includes the mega retail chain stores
- Hypercity and Inorbit.
Dismissing a petition filed by Ferani Hotels Pvt Ltd, a
company controlled by the Gopal Raheja group, Justice Roshan
Dalvi said "application of the petitioner (Ferani Hotels) is
seen to be accentuated by malafides and as a counterblast to
the suit of the respondent (Nusli Wadia)".
Earlier, in February, Wadia had filed a suit against
Rahejas alleging fraud, on the basis of which the Economic
Offences Wing (EOW) of Maharashtra Police had launched
Ferani Hotels had filed a petition early this year
seeking revocation and annulment of the order dated November
20, 2003, which authorized Wadia to continue to act as
administrator of the estate of one Eduljee Framroze Dinshaw.
The petition had claimed that Wadia`s role as
administrator ended with the death of Bachoobai Woronzow
Dashkow, the sole survivor and sister Dinshaw.
Abhishek Manu Singhvi and T N Subramaniam, lawyers of
Ferani Hotels, argued Wadia should be removed from his role as
an administrator and sought appointment of a fit and proper
person for disclosure of the estate and accounts of Dinshaw.
Observing that Ferani Hotels had failed to show any
misconduct in administration on the part of Wadia, Justice
Dalvi dismissed the petition with costs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- New song 'Da Da Dasse' from 'Udta Punjab' is thoroughly intoxicating – Watch here
- Video alert! Salman Khan’s reaction to ‘marriage wala sawal’ at ‘Sultan’ trailer launch is EPIC
- Ryan Gosling lends 'feminine energy' in bromance with Russell Crowe in 'The Graham Norton Show'
- Manchester United: Were the Red Devils wrong in sacking Louis van Gaal?
- Dombivali blast: What actually led to fire mishap in chemical factory and what all eyewitnesses saw