I accept the responsibility with humility: Chavan
New Delhi: Shortly after he was chosen as the next Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan said that he feels honoured for being given the responsibility to lead the state.
Speaking to reporters Wednesday, Chavan said, “Maharashtra Congress prabhari AK Anthony informed me today morning that the Congress president has chosen me to lead Maharashtra. I requested Prime Minister to relive me of responsibilities in the union cabinet; PM blessed me.”
64-year-old Chavan, who has resigned today as the Minister of State in the PMO, said he is highly honoured and humbled by the onerous responsibility at an important juncture. “I accept the responsibility with full humility,” he said. Chavan is a Member of the Parliament representing Maharashtra in the Rajya Sabha.
“I will work for the people of Maharashtra. I seek the support of all and will try to take everybody together. I will do my best to give leadership to the preeminent state in the country,” Chavan added.
Chavan also thanked the media for “supporting him”. Chavan has before him the gigantic task of reshaping the Maharashtra Congress which is marred by serious corruption allegations.
He is expected to leave for Mumbai today afternoon and will, in all probability, be sworn-in as the next Chief Minister of the important state tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- From Modi to Obama, know which smartphones are used by top world leaders
- Rajnath Singh told by JD(U): Nothing will happen with verbal warnings
- Euro 2016: After 4-0 rout vs Hungary, Eden Hazard can't wait for Wales in quarters
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic