I will take Shiv Sena one step ahead, claims Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: Amid reports of power tussles within Shiv Sena, its executive president Uddhav Thackeray on Friday said he would take the party "one step ahead".
"I am Balasaheb`s son. He brought the party to this level. I assure you that I will take Shiv Sena one step ahead than my father," Uddhav said at function here.
Internal power tussles have been witnessed in the Sena units at Nashik, Kolhapur and Auranagabad in the last few weeks, putting a question mark on the party`s prospects.
Referring to the tussles, Uddhav said: "Some people are saying that Shiv Sena will end....But I am saying I will not sit quiet till it is taken one step ahead."
Stating that Shiv Sena was playing a role in the national politics too, he reminded that the party opposed the visit by Pakistani women cricket team and also the participation of players from that country in Hockey League, in the wake of killing of two Indian soldiers at LoC.
Uddhav also defended Mumbai police inspector Sujata Patil whose poem on riots at Azad Maidan last year has sparked off a controversy because of its tone.
"Why Patil could not have the same freedom of speech which the two girls from Palghar were supposed to have while opposing the shut-down of Mumbai on Facebook after Bal Thackeray`s death," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof