Is Kripashankar Singh absconding? asks BJP
New Delhi: Terming the disproportionate assets case against Kripashankar Singh as a test for Prithviraj Chavan government in Maharashtra, BJP on Thursday said the former Mumbai Congress Chief should surrender.
The party also hit out at the Congress-led government in Maharashtra for failing to act on the matter.
"It is a serious matter. Singh was not only the Congress chief of Mumbai but he is also the former Home Minister of Maharashtra, who is supposed to administer law in his capacity as HM. If he is absconding then I am sorry, it is a terrible matter," BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
The party said that Singh should follow the process of law and surrender at the earliest.
An FIR has been lodged against Singh for indulging in corrupt practices and amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income. He had resigned as Mumbai Congress chief prior to the FIR.
"The commitment of the Prithviraj Chavan as Chief Minister is on a serious test. How can anyone abscond if there is a serious case of corruption and disproportionate assets? Singh should submit instead of running away from law," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS): 10 things you must know!
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016