Is Kripashankar Singh absconding? asks BJP
New Delhi: Terming the disproportionate assets case against Kripashankar Singh as a test for Prithviraj Chavan government in Maharashtra, BJP on Thursday said the former Mumbai Congress Chief should surrender.
The party also hit out at the Congress-led government in Maharashtra for failing to act on the matter.
"It is a serious matter. Singh was not only the Congress chief of Mumbai but he is also the former Home Minister of Maharashtra, who is supposed to administer law in his capacity as HM. If he is absconding then I am sorry, it is a terrible matter," BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
The party said that Singh should follow the process of law and surrender at the earliest.
An FIR has been lodged against Singh for indulging in corrupt practices and amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income. He had resigned as Mumbai Congress chief prior to the FIR.
"The commitment of the Prithviraj Chavan as Chief Minister is on a serious test. How can anyone abscond if there is a serious case of corruption and disproportionate assets? Singh should submit instead of running away from law," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list