Juhi Prasad murder: Police to quiz Kundra
Pune: The Pune Crime Branch will on Wednesday question IT professional Anushree Kundra, the prime suspect in the Juhi Prasad murder case.
After absconding for almost a month, Kundra had on Tuesday surrendered in a local
She appeared before Judicial Magistrate (First Class)
JA Kotnis, who sent her in seven-day police custody.
According to the police, Anushree (26) came down to
Pune from Delhi last month after hearing about the engagement
of her former boyfriend Nimesh Sinha with Juhi. Heated
arguments took place between the two.
In the wee hours of October 13, Kundra allegedly set
ablaze Nimesh (27) and his fiancee Juhi (26) while they were
asleep in Nimesh`s flat.
Juhi succumbed to burn injuries in a city hospital on
October 22, while Nimesh was discharged after treatment.
Anushree had been absconding since the incident. The
Delhi High Court had granted four-day anticipatory bail to
Anushree and asked her to appear before Pune court within four
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir