KBC participant woman withdraws her suicide threat
Yavatmal: A Vidarbha woman Aparna Malikar who
had shot to fame after appearing on the quiz show KBC and who
had threatened to commit suicide in a letter to UPA
chairperson Sonia Gandhi following harassment by in-laws, has
withdrawn her threat, police said on Monday.
Superintendent of Police of Yavatmal Ranjan Kumar Sharma
said he had sent a senior police officer to her following
message from state Home Minister RR Patil to find out about
the suicide threat.
Aparna had recently appeared on quiz show Kaun Banega
Crorepati and had also spoken about problems faced by the
women in Vidarbha.
The officer enquired with her about the circumstances
that forced her to file a complaint with Sonia Gandhi.
She said that she was guided by farmer activist Kishor
Tiwari to take up her case before Sonia Gandhi and she
accordingly sent a fax message to Gandhi in which she narrated
her plight and also threatened to commit suicide if her
in-laws were not prevented from harassing her.
She, however, told the police today in writing that she
would not commit suicide.
"Since she has given us in writing that she would not
commit suicide as threatened in her letter to Sonia Gandhi, we
have not taken any preventing measures against her," SP
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory