Lady constables’ exploitation case gets murkier
Mumbai: The case of sexual exploitation of 11 lady constables undergoing training at Kolhapur Police Training School turned murkier, Wednesday, after reports claimed many high-profile people may be involved in it.
As per Member of Parliament Sadashiv Rao Mandlik, the sexual exploitation of these women constables was going unabatedly for the past three years and it could well be a part of an organised crime syndicate.
Mandlik has demanded a CID probe in the case, besides lie detector tests on the suspect - Yuvraj Kamble, the training instructor.
Primary investigation into the matter has brought to fore some very startling facts that the lady constables were regularly abused by some of their superior officers.
As per reports, one of Kolhapur’s former Superintendent of Police is also believed to be involved in this racket; he has been transferred to ensure a fair investigation into the matter.
Besides the SP, at least two senior officers of the rank of police inspector are also said to be involved in the case.
Meanwhile, the National Commission for Women has also taken cognizance of the matter and sought a detailed report from the concerned authorities.
It has also come to fore that a medical test conducted on lady constables at Chhatrapati Pramilaraje Hospital (CPH) in March had confirmed that some of them were pregnant. However, no action was taken by the authorities.
The talks about their continuous sexual exploitation again came to fore after one lady constable gathered courage to file a written complaint against the training instructor Yuvraj Kamble.
The subsequent haemoglobin and urine tests confirmed that the constables, majority of whom are unmarried, were pregnant.
Meanwhile, the state Director General of Police, Ajit Parasnis, has also ordered a probe in the alleged rape of trainee woman constables by the Kolhapur Police training staff.
State Home Minister RR Patil has also ordered an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?