Lady constables’ exploitation case gets murkier
Mumbai: The case of sexual exploitation of 11 lady constables undergoing training at Kolhapur Police Training School turned murkier, Wednesday, after reports claimed many high-profile people may be involved in it.
As per Member of Parliament Sadashiv Rao Mandlik, the sexual exploitation of these women constables was going unabatedly for the past three years and it could well be a part of an organised crime syndicate.
Mandlik has demanded a CID probe in the case, besides lie detector tests on the suspect - Yuvraj Kamble, the training instructor.
Primary investigation into the matter has brought to fore some very startling facts that the lady constables were regularly abused by some of their superior officers.
As per reports, one of Kolhapur’s former Superintendent of Police is also believed to be involved in this racket; he has been transferred to ensure a fair investigation into the matter.
Besides the SP, at least two senior officers of the rank of police inspector are also said to be involved in the case.
Meanwhile, the National Commission for Women has also taken cognizance of the matter and sought a detailed report from the concerned authorities.
It has also come to fore that a medical test conducted on lady constables at Chhatrapati Pramilaraje Hospital (CPH) in March had confirmed that some of them were pregnant. However, no action was taken by the authorities.
The talks about their continuous sexual exploitation again came to fore after one lady constable gathered courage to file a written complaint against the training instructor Yuvraj Kamble.
The subsequent haemoglobin and urine tests confirmed that the constables, majority of whom are unmarried, were pregnant.
Meanwhile, the state Director General of Police, Ajit Parasnis, has also ordered a probe in the alleged rape of trainee woman constables by the Kolhapur Police training staff.
State Home Minister RR Patil has also ordered an inquiry into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India