Lambani`s allege conversion into Christianity
Chitradurga: Leaders of Lambani community, a
Scheduled Tribe living in parts of Central and North Karnataka
today alleged that a charity organisation running a hostel
here has been luring minor girls of the community and
converting them to Christianity.
A delegation led by Lamabani community pontiff Sevalal
Guruji alleged that a hostel at Kamanabhavi layout has been
luring minor girls from Chitadurga, Davanagere, Bellary and
Tumkur districts, promising them education and later
They urged the government to put an end to conversion, a
charge denied by those running the hostel.
Some persons under the banner of Janapara Sangatanegala
Okkuta (A Federation of peoples` front) also staged a dharna
in front of the Deputy Commissioner`s office here, rejecting
the allegations of conversion and blamed Bajrang Dal activists
for spreading rumours.
Police said they are looking into the charges levelled by
Lambani community leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city