Lambani`s allege conversion into Christianity
Chitradurga: Leaders of Lambani community, a
Scheduled Tribe living in parts of Central and North Karnataka
today alleged that a charity organisation running a hostel
here has been luring minor girls of the community and
converting them to Christianity.
A delegation led by Lamabani community pontiff Sevalal
Guruji alleged that a hostel at Kamanabhavi layout has been
luring minor girls from Chitadurga, Davanagere, Bellary and
Tumkur districts, promising them education and later
They urged the government to put an end to conversion, a
charge denied by those running the hostel.
Some persons under the banner of Janapara Sangatanegala
Okkuta (A Federation of peoples` front) also staged a dharna
in front of the Deputy Commissioner`s office here, rejecting
the allegations of conversion and blamed Bajrang Dal activists
for spreading rumours.
Police said they are looking into the charges levelled by
Lambani community leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days