Land acquisition bill will make acquisition difficult: Pawar
Nashik: The proposed land acquisition bill of the Centre would make it difficult to acquire land for dams and other projects, Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar said on Friday.
"The new bill will create difficulties in acquisition of farmers` lands for any projects or dams," the NCP president said, speaking at a function at Yeola town in the district.
Among other things, the bill envisages that an overwhelming majority of land owners should assent to the acquisition.
Referring to the recent drought in the state, Pawar said farmers should now focus on water conservation methods, and switch to horticulture from sugarcane (which needs a lot of water).
The Centre would be offering 50 percent subsidy for drip irrigation kits, he added.
He inaugurated various municipal projects in the town. Senior NCP leader and Maharashtra PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal was also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley