Leopard trapped in Nashik
Nashik: A female leopard was trapped by forest officials from Shivare village here after it strayed into residential area in Niphad.
The leopard, alongwith its two cubs was spotted moving freely in the area since a week and killed several goats and cattles belonging to the villagers following which they approached the forest department.
The wild cat was caught trapped yesterday after it came searching for one its cubs which was caged by officials, forest sources said today.
The leopard was later administered sedatives and shifted to Nashik, much to the relief of the villagers, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people