Leopard trapped in Nashik
Nashik: A female leopard was trapped by forest officials from Shivare village here after it strayed into residential area in Niphad.
The leopard, alongwith its two cubs was spotted moving freely in the area since a week and killed several goats and cattles belonging to the villagers following which they approached the forest department.
The wild cat was caught trapped yesterday after it came searching for one its cubs which was caged by officials, forest sources said today.
The leopard was later administered sedatives and shifted to Nashik, much to the relief of the villagers, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire