LoC attack: Maharashtra CM announces Rs 10 lakh ex-gratia to martyr`s kin
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday announced ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh to be paid to the next of the kin of army soldier Pundalik Mane from Kolhapur, who lost his life during an ambush at Poonch sector.
The amount would be given from the chief minister`s relief fund, an official release said. Expressing grief, Chavan said the country would not forget his sacrifice.
Mane hailed from Pimpalgaon village in Kagal taluka of Kolhapur district. "Be it protecting the country or rushing to help during emergencies, Maharashtra is always at the forefront," Chavan said.
"Everyone is proud of the sacrifice made by this brave jawan," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic