LoC attack: Maharashtra CM announces Rs 10 lakh ex-gratia to martyr`s kin
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday announced ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh to be paid to the next of the kin of army soldier Pundalik Mane from Kolhapur, who lost his life during an ambush at Poonch sector.
The amount would be given from the chief minister`s relief fund, an official release said. Expressing grief, Chavan said the country would not forget his sacrifice.
Mane hailed from Pimpalgaon village in Kagal taluka of Kolhapur district. "Be it protecting the country or rushing to help during emergencies, Maharashtra is always at the forefront," Chavan said.
"Everyone is proud of the sacrifice made by this brave jawan," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC exams: Panel to recommend lowering of age limit for civil services exam
- BJP holds huge protest outside Mamata Banerjee's residence over attack on Roopa Ganguly's convoy
- Here’s what Kajol feels about the film industry
- Ayutthaya: Once a diplomatic hub in the Siamese kingdom, now a Thailand heritage site
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check