LoC attack: Maharashtra CM announces Rs 10 lakh ex-gratia to martyr`s kin
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday announced ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh to be paid to the next of the kin of army soldier Pundalik Mane from Kolhapur, who lost his life during an ambush at Poonch sector.
The amount would be given from the chief minister`s relief fund, an official release said. Expressing grief, Chavan said the country would not forget his sacrifice.
Mane hailed from Pimpalgaon village in Kagal taluka of Kolhapur district. "Be it protecting the country or rushing to help during emergencies, Maharashtra is always at the forefront," Chavan said.
"Everyone is proud of the sacrifice made by this brave jawan," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai