Maha ATS rehabilitates five terror recruits
Mumbai: Two months after it de-brainwashed a youth, Maharashtra ATS has reformed five more young terror recruits, who received advance training at a camp in Pakistan where the 26/11 lonely captured terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab underwent terror exercise, police said.
In March, a 20-something youth had approached the anti-terror unit seeking `redemption`, just a few months after completing training in making explosives, reconnaissance and brainwashing others to expand the terror network.
With the help of police, the youth was neutralised and provided a job in a private firm where he is drawing around Rs 20,000 per month, an ATS official had said.
After the youth`s successful reformation, five more youngsters, who had undergone similar training but were unwilling to carry out any terror attacks, approached the ATS seeking forgiveness, in April, police said.
The ATS did not dampen hopes of the five fresh terror recruits and decided to de-brainwash and provide them a good life.
Hailing from different parts of Maharashtra, they had travelled to Pakistan in late 2010 where they trained for three months for using firearms, bomb-making, recruiting others, expanding the terror network, and how to evade the police.
They broke down and said they had committed a mistake and had no intention to commit any crime. After verifying their thorough antecedents, the ATS decided not to arrest them. The five are arts and science graduates and one of them was provided Rs 18,000-a-month job in a private company.
After recording their statements, as well as of their family members, the recruits were reformed, police said.
The recruits were given Rs one lakh each by terror outfits for undergoing training at one of the camps in Pakistan where 26/11 gunman Kasab and his associates were allegedly trained. The 26/11 terrorists were allegedly paid Rs 1.50 lakh each to attack Mumbai, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM