Maha CM assures probe into Lavasa project, Anna Hazare defers stir
Nagpur: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has promised to appoint commissions to probe alleged irregularities in Lavasa project and toll collection, noted social worker Anna Hazare said on Tuesday and deferred his agitation for three months.
"The Chief Minister has agreed to appoint two separate
commissions to probe the illegal allotment of 145 hectares of
land belonging to Krishna Valley Irrigation Project to the
developers of Lavasa project and irregularities in toll
collection across Maharashtra," Hazare told reporters after
meeting Chavan at his official residence `Ramgiri` here.
Hazare said the probe will also cover allotment of
additional 372 hectares of land from Krishna Valley project to
The activist had threatened to go on an indefinite
hunger strike from December 1 in protest against the alleged
irregularities in Lavasa project and toll collection.
He said the Chief Minister was also apprised of alleged
irregularities in toll collection across the state.
The activist has demanded computerisation of the entire
system that will make recording of the entry of vehicles and
toll collection transparent.
"The CM has agreed for setting up both commissions and
therefore we have decided to postpone our agitation across the
state for the next three months. If the government fails to
fulfil its promise, an agitation would be launched," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know