Maha Cong spokesperson Gadgil alleges he is being "ignored"
Pune: Cracks in the city unit of Congress here have surfaced with senior MPCC spokesman Anant Gadgil alleging that he was being "consistently ignored" in the decision-making process.
Giving vent to his sense of alienation in the city unit which is headed by Abhay Chhajed, a staunch supporter of suspended Congress MP Suresh Kalmadi, Gadgil told reporters today that he might have to take a decision on his political future soon if this "neglect" continued.
"As a senior party leader and spokesman I am respected and invited at all places in Maharashtra. But in the party affairs of my own city, I am being consistently ignored. I will have to take a decision soon about my political future if this neglect persists," he said.
Gadgil, the son of the late Union Minister Vitthal Gadgil, belongs to a family which is considered a loyalist of Congress high command.
He lamented that no discussion was taking place in the city unit to strengthen the party, which was steadily losing ground to NCP in the civic elections.
Gadgil also stated that coalition politics was proving detrimental to the effective functioning and the decision-making of the party which leads the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!