Maha Cong spokesperson Gadgil alleges he is being "ignored"
Pune: Cracks in the city unit of Congress here have surfaced with senior MPCC spokesman Anant Gadgil alleging that he was being "consistently ignored" in the decision-making process.
Giving vent to his sense of alienation in the city unit which is headed by Abhay Chhajed, a staunch supporter of suspended Congress MP Suresh Kalmadi, Gadgil told reporters today that he might have to take a decision on his political future soon if this "neglect" continued.
"As a senior party leader and spokesman I am respected and invited at all places in Maharashtra. But in the party affairs of my own city, I am being consistently ignored. I will have to take a decision soon about my political future if this neglect persists," he said.
Gadgil, the son of the late Union Minister Vitthal Gadgil, belongs to a family which is considered a loyalist of Congress high command.
He lamented that no discussion was taking place in the city unit to strengthen the party, which was steadily losing ground to NCP in the civic elections.
Gadgil also stated that coalition politics was proving detrimental to the effective functioning and the decision-making of the party which leads the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest