Maha Governor for commissioning top NCC cadets into Forces
Mumbai: Observing that the Armed Forces
are facing acute shortage of officers, the Governor of
Maharashtra K Sankaranarayanan on Tuesday mooted the idea of
commissioning the best of NCC Cadets directly into the Armed
He was speaking after inaugurating the Armed Forces
Flag Day Fund Collection Drive at Raj Bhavan, here.
The Governor said terrorism has emerged as a threat to
humanity, and as a democratic society, India is more
vulnerable to terrorism. While the Armed Forces are doing
their best to tackle terrorism, citizens and especially the
youth must be more vigilant in tackling terrorism, he said.
In this connection, the Governor called upon the youth
and students to join NCC, NSS, Scouts, Guides, etc where
qualities like discipline, service and patriotism are imbibed.
The Governor said, approximately 60,000 service
personnel of the Armed Forces retire every year at a
relatively young age. They have numerous unfinished domestic
responsibilities which makes them take up second employment,
he said, asking Industry to offer employment to ex-servicemen
and make the use of their expertise.
Well known actor and theatre personality Prashant
Damle was appointed as Brand Ambassador for the collection of
Armed Forces Flag Fund on this occasion.
The Armed Forces Flag Day Fund Collection Drive was
jointly organised by the Mumbai City and Mumbai Suburban
Districts. The flag fund is utilised for the welfare of
families of the jawans who laid down their lives defending the
country, ex-servicemen and their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says