Maha to provide for quick settlement in Octroi cases
Mumbai: The Octroi-evasion in Maharashtra can be now settled on the spot if the evader is ready to pay penalty of ten-times the Octroi dues.
The state cabinet today gave a nod to proposed amendment to Mumbai Municipal Corporation Act, 1988 for this purpose.
Currently, the penalty can be recovered only after the court conviction. The proposed change provides for a quick settlement.
If the penalty is paid on the spot, no further action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan