Maha to provide for quick settlement in Octroi cases
Mumbai: The Octroi-evasion in Maharashtra can be now settled on the spot if the evader is ready to pay penalty of ten-times the Octroi dues.
The state cabinet today gave a nod to proposed amendment to Mumbai Municipal Corporation Act, 1988 for this purpose.
Currently, the penalty can be recovered only after the court conviction. The proposed change provides for a quick settlement.
If the penalty is paid on the spot, no further action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad