Maha to provide for quick settlement in Octroi cases
Mumbai: The Octroi-evasion in Maharashtra can be now settled on the spot if the evader is ready to pay penalty of ten-times the Octroi dues.
The state cabinet today gave a nod to proposed amendment to Mumbai Municipal Corporation Act, 1988 for this purpose.
Currently, the penalty can be recovered only after the court conviction. The proposed change provides for a quick settlement.
If the penalty is paid on the spot, no further action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy
- Unbelievable! Gujarat researchers find traces of gold in urine of Gir cows