Maharashtra ATS arrests 2 more terror suspects
Mumbai: Two more terror suspects, who are
the associates of the gang of trio which had yesterday
exchanged fire with ATS in Aurangabad, were arrested from
Maharashtra`s Buldhana district, police said today.
"Two more terror suspects Akheel Khilji and Mohammed
Jafar were arrested from their hideout in Buldhana district,"
a police official said.
The ATS had yesterday apprehended a fugitive suspect
in 2008 Ahmedabad blasts that claimed 56 lives after gunning
down his accomplice in an encounter in Aurangabad.
Yesterday, ATS officials had killed terror suspect
Khaleel Qureshi (20) and nabbed two of his aides Mohammed
Abrar Babu Khan (32), who is suspected to be involved in the
Ahmedabad blasts, and Mohammed Shakeer (32) after an exchange
of fire in Aurangabad. ATS head constable Aarif Shaikh Ismail
was also injured in his left shoulder during the encounter,
police had said.
Khilji and Jafar are associates of the same gang of
the trio which had fired at ATS officials yesterday, they
The group, according to police, had carried out a
spate of bank robberies in Madhya Pradesh and used the money
for terror funding. It was planning to create a base in
Maharashtra, sources said.
According to police, Abrar was in contact with the
home-grown terror outfit Indian Mujahiddin (IM) through one of
its key operatives Abdul Subhan Qureshi alias Tauqueer, who is
wanted in several cases.
The gang, earlier headed by Abu Faizal, a former
member of the banned Students Islamic Movement of India
(SIMI), had also reportedly plotted to eliminate the judges of
Allahabad High Court who had pronounced the verdict in the
Babri Masjid case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark