Maharashtra BJP to submit papers to irrigation scam probe panel
Nashik: Maharashtra BJP leaders will submit documentary "evidence" to the Madhav Chitale committee, which is conducting inquiry into the alleged Rs 70,000 crore irrigation scam in the state, on October 21.
Leader of Opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawade and state BJP president Devendra Fadnavis will submit documents and evidence to prove their charge that irregularities were committed in clearance and execution of irrigation projects under the Congress-NCP government.
Fadnavis told reporters here today that the Committee Chairperson (Chitale) has granted permission to Tawade and him to submit papers and "evidence" with regards to the scam on October 21 in Aurangabad.
The alleged scam pertains to several incomplete projects in the state, which saw expenditure of Rs 70,000 crore on the irrigation sector in the last 10 years, without much results on the ground.
Fadnavis said his party will soon move the Bombay High Court to seek a direction to the government to table the report of the Judicial Commission that probed Adarsh housing scam before the legislature.
The BJP leader alleged that Congress wants to suppress the report as names of three Chief Ministers belonging to the party had figured in the scam.
Fadnavis and Tawade, among other leaders, were here to attend the Executive Committee meeting of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
These leaders later took part in a morcha to protest increase in power tariff by Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics