Maharashtra Budget 2015: Highlights
Following are the highlights of the Maharashtra Budget 2015:-
PTI| Updated: Mar 18, 2015, 22:18 PM IST
Mumbai: Following are the highlights of the Maharashtra Budget 2015:-
- Under the Infra-2 Scheme declared for infrastructure development of Electricity Distribution, Rs 538 crores as been marked as state share while Rs 900 crores has been put for Hydro Electric Power Projects in 2015-16.
- Rs 200 Crores allotted to Pt. Dindayal Upadhyay Gharkul Jaga Kharedi Arthsahayya Yojana, an innovative scheme to provide financial help to the beneficiaries of BPL families to purchase land to construct houses under different housing schemes of government. Each beneficiary to get upto Rs 50000 for purchasing piece of land for construction of house under this scheme.
- Provision Rs 884 crore to achieve the target of constructing 1 lakh houses under different housing schemes in 2015-16.
- Provision of Rs 109 crores for Kolaba-Bandra-Sipz Metro Line-3 through Special Purpose Vehicle. Nagpur and Pune metro to get Rs 197 crores and 174 crores respectively.
- To ensure inclusion of maximum cities of the state in the Smart City project of the Centre, a provision of Rs 268 crore has been made this year.
- Rs 320 crore earmarked for implementation of the ambitious Swaccha Bharat Abhiyan; Rural areas to get Rs 490 crores.
- A provision of Rs 80 crores for the Maharashtra Sujal and Nirmal Abhiyan (Water Supply and Sanitation Scheme) for urban areas.
- Rs 600 crores for Maharashtra Golden Jubilee Urban Upliftment Mega mission (Maharashtra Suvarn Jayanti Nagarothan Maha Abhiyan)
- Mumbai, Pune, Nashik, Aurgangabad, Amaravati and Nagpur to get Rs 125 crores and Rs 16 crores for renovation of bus stands and purchase of new ST buses respectively.
- Kolhapur, Akola, Shirdi, Karad, Amaravati, Sholapur to get Rs 91 crores for development and maintenance of Airport and Airstrips.
- For industrial development of state, an innovative project, 'Make In Maharashtra' to be launched.
- A provision of Rs 200 crores for land acquisition and rehabilitation of MIHAN project.
- A provision of Rs 3150 crores for mega projects under Group Incentive Scheme.
- To boost industrial development in industrially backward areas, Industrial Cluster Development Scheme to be launched.
- Textile Projects to get interest rebate of 5-7 % on long term loans.
- Eligible textile projects from Vidarbha, Marathwada and North Maharashtra to get 10% capital incentive. Rs 28 crores earmarked for this purpose.
- Cashew Processing Industries in Kokan, to get incentive grants equal to the amount they deposit as VAT on the sale of produced and processed cashews.
- Maharashtra Domestic Workers Welfare Board to be established for the implementation of various welfare schemes for domestic workers.
- A provision of Rs 2378 crores for the Sinhast Kumbamela at Nashik Trambakeshwar.
- Haji Ali Dargah, Mumbai, Tajjoddin Baba Dargah, Nagpur, The Jyotirlings at Bhima Shankar, Pune, Trambakeshwar Nashik, Aundha Nagnath, Hingoli, Grushneshwar, Aurangabad, Parli Vaijnath, Beed, and Jejuri, Pune, Shri Mahalakshi Kolhapur, Mahurgad Nanded, Akkalkot, Sholapur, Shri Shani Shinganapur Ahamadnagar, Koradi Devi Nagpur, Loni - Washim, Riddhapur-Amaravati, Nira Narsingpur ? Pune to get Rs 125 crores for development.
- Ambedkar Memorial and Training Centre at Kamati in Nagpur to get Rs 10 Crores for development.
- For preservation and protection of all the preserved Forts of the state, a master plan will be prepared. This year plan includes organising Raigad festival at Fort Raigad. A provision of Rs 50 crores made against this.
- Nature Tourism Development Board to be established to boost Nature Tourism. Rs 42 crores earmarked for Coastal Tourism under Kokan Rural Tourism Development Program.
- Tadoba Andhari Tiger Project, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Gorewada Zoo to be developed on the lines of international forest tourism destinations like MasaiMara. A provision of Rs 191 crores made for this purpose.
- Social Forestry Department to develop Late Uttamrao Patil Forest Park in each district. Rs 20 crore allotted for this.
- Each district to get High Tech Nursery Rs 18 crore marked for this scheme.
- Rs 200 Crores to be made available for establishment of Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Holkar Markets at each district for marketing of produce of the Women Self Help Groups.
- Anganwadis to get their own building in next three years.
- Increase in the honorariums of the Anganwadi Sevika from April 1, 2015.
- On the lines of 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' Mission of the Central Government, State has initiated Majhi Kanya Bhagyashri Scheme; Rs 200 crores will be provided for this purpose.
- Maulana Azad Minority Development Board to get Rs 150 Crores as Share Capital Contribution. The increase is from Rs 35 crores of last year.
- Rs 25 crores sanctioned for the Minority Rural Areas Development Schemes.
- GramPanchayats from Scheduled Areas to get funds directly from the budget of Tribal SubPlan to the extent of 5% of the total budget of subplan. Maharashtra is the first state in the country to take this step.
- Amaravati, Aurangabad, Nashik and Nagpur to get CCTV installed.
- Creation of Auditorium at each district in next 5 years.
- Folk Art and Folk Instruments to be preserved by digitization.
- Govt to implement the concept of Digital Maharashtra to provide easy access to information to the common citizen. Provision of Rs 10 crores for this purpose.