Maharashtra Deputy Speaker`s election slated for Dec 10
Nagpur: The new Deputy Speaker of
Maharashtra Assembly will be elected on December 10, on the
third day of the ongoing Winter Session of the State
Legislature, Speaker Dilip Walse Patil announced in the lower
house on Tuesday.
Nominations for the post can be filed upto 5 pm on
December 9. Withdrawal of nominations will be allowed upto 10
am on December 10 and polling, if necessary, will be conducted
between 11 am and 12:30 pm on the same day.
The Speaker`s post is with the NCP in the ruling
Congress-NCP alliance and the Deputy Speaker`s post is likely
to go to the Congress.
The Opposition too has been demanding the post but is
unlikely to get it.
Babasaheb Kupekar of NCP was the Speaker in the
previous regime while Pramod Shende of Congress was the Deputy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...