Maharashtra drought: CM says next two months very difficult
Mumbai: Describing the next two months as a very difficult period for the drought-affected areas of Maharashtra, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Thursday said the state government was making all efforts to ensure adequate water supply to the affected areas.
"Our water tankers will reach all villages and hamlets facing water scarcity," Chavan told reporters at Vidhan Bhavan.
"The next two months are going to be a very difficult period for the state. We are bracing for providing relief," he said.
Around Rs 100 crore have been contributed by people, organisations and industry so far to the Chief Minister`s drought relief fund, Chavan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday