Maharashtra: Four Naxals surrender in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: Four Naxals on Thursday surrendered at the police headquarters here in the presence of Maharashtra Director General of Police Sanjeev Dayal.
Police identified them as Manku alias Suresh Pandu Pada (27), Sushila alias Kamli Nagsay Pudo (20), Rakesh alias Komti Doge Lekami (40) and Sammi alias Girija Papayya Wachami (30).
Manku, a resident of Punnur in Etapalli tehsil of the district, joined `Militia dalam` of Naxals in December 2003. He became `commander` of dalam in 2008, according to police.
Sushila, resident of Salaitola in Dhanora tehsil, joined Tippagad Militia dalam in 2009. Rakesh, a resident of Pidmili in Bhamragad tehsil, joined Perimili dalam in 1992.
Sammi, resident of Bandarpalli in Bhopalpattanam in Bijapur district of neighbouring Chhattisgarh, joined Naxals in 2006.
Addl DG (operations) P K Jain and district Superintendent of Police Mohd Suvez Haque were also present when they surrendered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'