Maharashtra: Four Naxals surrender in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: Four Naxals on Thursday surrendered at the police headquarters here in the presence of Maharashtra Director General of Police Sanjeev Dayal.
Police identified them as Manku alias Suresh Pandu Pada (27), Sushila alias Kamli Nagsay Pudo (20), Rakesh alias Komti Doge Lekami (40) and Sammi alias Girija Papayya Wachami (30).
Manku, a resident of Punnur in Etapalli tehsil of the district, joined `Militia dalam` of Naxals in December 2003. He became `commander` of dalam in 2008, according to police.
Sushila, resident of Salaitola in Dhanora tehsil, joined Tippagad Militia dalam in 2009. Rakesh, a resident of Pidmili in Bhamragad tehsil, joined Perimili dalam in 1992.
Sammi, resident of Bandarpalli in Bhopalpattanam in Bijapur district of neighbouring Chhattisgarh, joined Naxals in 2006.
Addl DG (operations) P K Jain and district Superintendent of Police Mohd Suvez Haque were also present when they surrendered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'