Maharashtra: Four Naxals surrender in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: Four Naxals on Thursday surrendered at the police headquarters here in the presence of Maharashtra Director General of Police Sanjeev Dayal.
Police identified them as Manku alias Suresh Pandu Pada (27), Sushila alias Kamli Nagsay Pudo (20), Rakesh alias Komti Doge Lekami (40) and Sammi alias Girija Papayya Wachami (30).
Manku, a resident of Punnur in Etapalli tehsil of the district, joined `Militia dalam` of Naxals in December 2003. He became `commander` of dalam in 2008, according to police.
Sushila, resident of Salaitola in Dhanora tehsil, joined Tippagad Militia dalam in 2009. Rakesh, a resident of Pidmili in Bhamragad tehsil, joined Perimili dalam in 1992.
Sammi, resident of Bandarpalli in Bhopalpattanam in Bijapur district of neighbouring Chhattisgarh, joined Naxals in 2006.
Addl DG (operations) P K Jain and district Superintendent of Police Mohd Suvez Haque were also present when they surrendered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter