Mahatma Gandhi statue broken at Chandrapur
Nagpur: A statue of Mahatma Gandhi was
found broken and brought down from pedestal at Chikhali
village of Chandrapur district, police said.
The incident came to light early today when the matter
was reported at around 0530 hours, they said.
Tension prevailed in the area and soon police rushed
to the spot.
A peace meeting of villagers has been convened to
defuse the tension and a search has been launched to look out
for the culprit, Police Inspector S Reddiwar said.
The situation is however calm, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!