Man awarded 10-year RI for minor`s rape in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 25-year-old man was on Saturday sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment for raping a minor by a sessions court here.
According to police, accused Deepak Koli, who was raised by the victim`s grandfather, had gone to attend a wedding in July 2011 where he met the girl.
He later took her to a room and raped her and threatened the victim against revealing anything to the family members.
The victim`s mother later learnt that her daughter was pregnant and filed a case with the police.
Koli was arrested in September 2011.
The prosecution examined 12 witnesses and the court accepted the prosecution`s case and convicted Koli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey