Man awarded 10-year RI for minor`s rape in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 25-year-old man was on Saturday sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment for raping a minor by a sessions court here.
According to police, accused Deepak Koli, who was raised by the victim`s grandfather, had gone to attend a wedding in July 2011 where he met the girl.
He later took her to a room and raped her and threatened the victim against revealing anything to the family members.
The victim`s mother later learnt that her daughter was pregnant and filed a case with the police.
Koli was arrested in September 2011.
The prosecution examined 12 witnesses and the court accepted the prosecution`s case and convicted Koli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP