Man awarded 10-year RI for minor`s rape in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 25-year-old man was on Saturday sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment for raping a minor by a sessions court here.
According to police, accused Deepak Koli, who was raised by the victim`s grandfather, had gone to attend a wedding in July 2011 where he met the girl.
He later took her to a room and raped her and threatened the victim against revealing anything to the family members.
The victim`s mother later learnt that her daughter was pregnant and filed a case with the police.
Koli was arrested in September 2011.
The prosecution examined 12 witnesses and the court accepted the prosecution`s case and convicted Koli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea