Man awarded 10-year RI for minor`s rape in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 25-year-old man was on Saturday sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment for raping a minor by a sessions court here.
According to police, accused Deepak Koli, who was raised by the victim`s grandfather, had gone to attend a wedding in July 2011 where he met the girl.
He later took her to a room and raped her and threatened the victim against revealing anything to the family members.
The victim`s mother later learnt that her daughter was pregnant and filed a case with the police.
Koli was arrested in September 2011.
The prosecution examined 12 witnesses and the court accepted the prosecution`s case and convicted Koli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!